Defaulting Datagrid Search Types in RecTrac
RecTrac 3.1 relies heavily on datagrids. Datagrid columns often have configurable search fields, where you can enter text to search on and indicate how RecTrac should run the search:
- Begins with
“Begins With” is often the default search, but “Contains” is a much more powerful search, as it will locate the search text no matter where it is in the field. It is easy to default the search to the “Contains” type:
- Begin by navigating to Management > System Management > Screen Management > Management Screen Management.
- Click the “Update Default Widgets?” button at the bottom of the screen.
- On the Management Screen Update screen, select the “DefaultWidget_CharacterFillin” field.
- On the left side, click the pencil next to “FilterOptionDefault,” and change the option to “Contains.”
- Click the check to switch it back to a pencil, then click “Done” to save.
The next time you run a search from a datagrid column, it should default to “Contains.”
If you have any questions about how to set up this feature, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you like what you're reading, please subscribe to this blog.
Category: Parks and Recreation Systems