CIS Infinity Utility Billing Version 3 Upgrades Underway
LOGIS is in the process of upgrading the Advanced Utility Systems CIS Infinity software to Version 3. This is the current version of the software and it offers many functional improvements. The local system tables and free tables have been moved to the backend, which impacts the flow, functionality and performance of procedures and other processes. Below are a few of the enhancements Version 3 has brought to CIS Infinity:
- Enhanced security features that protect data, fields and the system integrity.
- More flexibility with processing data and using fields, menus, navigation bars and table profiles.
- Faster and more accurate searching.
- System-wide tracking of control table changes.
- Enhanced system maintenance routine.
- GUI improvements.
- Enhanced menu features.
- Grid settings can be customized per user by saving, restoring or clearing settings.
- Crystal Reports upgraded to XI format.
In preparation of the CIS Infinity Version 3 upgrade project, 3 LOGIS representatives visited Advanced Utility Systems’ offices in Toronto, Canada to receive training on bill print, notice print, and control table configuration in Version 3. With this additional training, LOGIS staff has increased their knowledge and can effectively reduce the upgrade project time-line to 3 months. This aggressive schedule consists of 6 weeks of Soft Parallel testing, 4 – 6 weeks of Hard Parallel testing, and go-live.
Of all Utility Billing member cities, 4 were live on Version 3 as of January 11, 2010. Four more members will go live by the end of June, 2010. All of the remaining members will complete the upgrade to Version 3 by the end of June 2011.
If you like what you're reading, please subscribe to this blog.
Category: Utility Billing