Currently, LOGIS has the following positions available:
Director of Application Development and Support
LOGIS hosts Information Technology systems and services to over 50 local governments in Minnesota as a governmental collaborative since 1972. We are currently seeking a Director of Application Development and Support to be part of our senior management team. This position is responsible for all aspects of development and support for internally created or supported application software. The manager is also responsible for the supervision of three to four software developers and eight to twelve application support staff.
LOGIS offers an excellent benefits and compensation package. Hiring Range is $130,000 to $140,000 D.O.Q.
For additional information on this position, click here.
Competencies include technical software development experience; project management, staff supervision, excellent communication skills and problem solving/analysis.
Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business Administration with an emphasis in Management Information Systems or related field from an accredited college or university; or the equivalent in combinations of college and work experience. At least five years of desktop and web application software development with experience in Visual Studio.net, Team Foundation Server and MS SQL Server. Five years managing direct support to users of computer applications is also required.
Desired qualifications include experience in application and database architecture; Telerik development tools and experience with conversion and conversion tools.
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resumé online by visiting the Springsted-Waters recruitment site.
This position is open until filled; however, first consideration will be given to resumes received by March 8, 2019. Following this date, applications will be screened against criteria outlined in this brochure.
For more information, please contact Sharon Klumpp at email@example.com or by calling 651.223.3053
Public Safety Technical Analyst
LOGIS provides top tier software, application support, and complete LAN services to over 50 member governmental agencies in Minnesota. Our mission is to facilitate and provide leading edge and adaptable technical solutions through the sharing of ideas, applications, systems, and resources in a member-driven consortium.
LOGIS is seeking a Public Safety Technical Analyst who will be responsible for development support to the suite of public safety software applications offered to LOGIS members.
- Develop and provide technical support for software customizations, such as interfaces, reports, extracts, data migration, upgrades and conversions.
- Help to create, modify, convert and maintain reports.
- Work with customers, LOGIS staff, and vendors to develop design specifications for software customizations.
- Develop reports, configurations and integrations utilizing standard and vendor-specific tools.
- Maintenance and development of data conversion as needed.
- Produce and maintain technical documentation such as reference materials, installation instructions, user guides, knowledge-base articles, and specifications.
- Maintain and enhance existing interfaces, reports, and databases.
- Test, implement, and document interface enhancements and reports.
- Analyze and define user requirements for system enhancements and modification.
- Implement or modify interfaces for new and existing clients.
- Assist application support as needed.
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience with software support and development life cycles.
- Experience working with relational databases and writing T-SQL queries.
- Experience working with XML data in a system integrations setting.
- A high level of skill in the analysis of problems and formulation of solutions.
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems and software products.
- Two years demonstrated experience leveraging business intelligence products/tools (i.e. Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, Hummingbird/OpenText BI, Crystal Reports, etc.).
- Two years’ experience in criminal justice applications and BCA-supported criminal justice web services.
- Two years’ experience with most or all aspects of the day-to-day workings of member police, fire and dispatch agencies along with their intricacies as related to various criminal justice applications.
LOGIS offers excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, long term and short term disability, and life insurance. LOGIS employees participate in the Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA).
Interested candidates should provide a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of resumes will begin March 25, 2019. Position will be open until filled.
Application Support - Public Safety
LOGIS provides top tier software, application support, and complete LAN services to over 50 governmental agencies in Minnesota. Our mission is to facilitate and provide leading edge and adaptable technical solutions through the sharing of ideas, applications, systems, and resources in a member-driven consortium.
LOGIS is seeking a Public Safety Support Analyst who will specialize in supporting a multi-jurisdictional law enforcement Computer-Aided Dispatch (CAD)/mobile environment. The Support Analyst will provide support to the users of LOGIS applications on a daily basis. This assistance includes functioning as a source of information, providing guidance and trouble-shooting all aspects of the CentralSquare (formerly TriTech) CAD and mobile system. Support may be provided via the telephone, at a client site, within a user group meeting, or as part of LOGIS training. This position will work closely with public safety professionals, vendors and LOGIS support and development personnel.
- AA degree/Technical College certificate and/or equivalent work experience.
- The ability to work well with both internal and external personnel, be a team player.
- An understanding of databases is required.
- BA or BS degree with five years working within the public safety community.
- Familiarity with business practices of police and/or fire departments and knowledge of the CentralSquare (formerly TriTech) Public Safety application suite are both desired.
- In addition, experience working within an application support environment is a plus.
Position salary range is between $57,600 and $83,300. The anticipated target hiring range is $67,000 -$72,000 depending on qualifications. LOGIS offers excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, long term and short term disability, and life insurance. LOGIS employees participate in the Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA).
Interested candidates should provide a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. Review of resumes will begin May 10, 2019. Position will be open until filled.
LOGIS invests in best of breed application software from national vendors such as Oracle, JD Edwards and TriTech. Costs for technology solutions and applications are shared among members. Our member support staff is based right here in Minnesota.