Currently, LOGIS has the following positions available:
IP Telephony Engineer
LOGIS is seeking an IP Telephony Engineer to perform regularly scheduled work and maintenance on the IP Telephony Services for LOGIS and our members. This includes researching and implementing solutions for complex application problems, system administration, participation in monitoring and escalations, day-to-day management of the Cisco Unified Communication solution, performing software upgrades, and working on implementation teams.
- Research, deploy, and document strategies and solutions for software/hardware/network engineering problems/incidents based upon comprehensive and thoughtful analysis of business goals, objectives, requirements, and existing technologies.
- Design and specify IP telephony environments with members that meet their current objectives and future goals. This includes setting project objectives, defining scope, budget, and equipment specifications.
- Manage the VMware IP Telephony server environment including physical hosts, virtual hosts, failover environments, and business continuity.
- Design, implement, and update call routing, translation patterns, and queuing through Communications Manager, Unity voice mail, and IPCC call centers.
- Plan, upgrade, and maintain the Cisco IP Telephony Communication software.
- Implement and troubleshoot Cisco switches and gateways and configure Cisco infrastructure which includes VLANs, routing, QOS, etc.
- Install and manage SIP trunks, PRIs, FXS/FXO interfaces, and paging systems.
- Design, install, upgrade, and maintain the video conferencing systems and bridges including the WebEx integration and WebEx Teams.
- Install, upgrade, and support the IP Telephony Service applications of Attendant Console, Call Accounting, Call Recording, Emergency Responder, InformaCast, IPCC call center, Presence, SynApps, and Unity.
- Program, test, and implement IPCC (Call Center) scripts to handle call center routing, access to information, reports, and users.
- Perform training on the management and use of the IP Telephony service.
- Create and maintain the IP Telephony Service documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Business Management or related field from an accredited technical vocational school or college. Equivalent work experience can be substituted for the education requirements.
- Cisco CCNP Voice certification or a minimum of four years’ experience in installing and supporting Cisco IP Telephony Communication platforms in a large multi-facility environment utilizing wide area networks.
LOGIS provides top tier software, application support, and complete network services to over 50 member governmental agencies in Minnesota. The mission of LOGIS is to facilitate leading-edge, effective and adaptable public sector technology solutions through the sharing of ideas, risks and resources in a member-driven consortium.
LOGIS offers medical, dental, vision, and life insurance along with employer-paid short term disability and long term disability. LOGIS employees are members of the Public Employees Retirement Association pension plan.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Job is open until filled.
LOGIS invests in best of breed application software from national vendors such as Oracle, JD Edwards and TriTech. Costs for technology solutions and applications are shared among members. Our member support staff is based right here in Minnesota.