Currently, LOGIS has the following positions available:
Application Development and Support Manager
LOGIS hosts Information Technology systems and services to over 50 local governments in Minnesota as a governmental collaborative since 1972. We are currently seeking an Application Development and Support Manager to be part of our senior management team. This position is responsible for all aspects of development and support for internally created or supported application software. The manager is also responsible for the supervision of three to four software developers and eight to twelve application support staff.
LOGIS offers an excellent benefits and compensation package. Hiring Range is $130,000 to $140,000 D.O.Q.
For additional information on this position, click here.
Competencies include technical software development experience; project management, staff supervision, excellent communication skills and problem solving/analysis.
Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business Administration with an emphasis in Management Information Systems or related field from an accredited college or university; or the equivalent in combinations of college and work experience. At least five years of desktop and web application software development with experience in Visual Studio.net, Team Foundation Server and MS SQL Server. Five years managing direct support to users of computer applications is also required.
Desired qualifications include experience in application and database architecture; Telerik development tools and experience with conversion and conversion tools.
Position is open until filled, starting to review resumes on January 22, 2019. Submit resumes at email@example.com. Contact Heather at 763-543-2600 for additional questions.
Public Safety GIS Intern
LOGIS hosts Information Technology systems and services to over 50 local governments in Minnesota as a governmental collaborative since 1972. We are currently seeking a Public Safety GIS Intern to be part of our public safety team. This position is responsible for providing assistance and support for the GIS public safety components of its public safety systems.
Approximate Job Term: 400 hours
The successful candidate will be expected to assist with supporting the spatial datasets required for operation of our public safety systems, primarily Computer-Aided Dispatch (CAD) and Records Management System (RMS). Typical project assignments may include data acquisition, maintenance, and quality control testing of street centerline route systems and address ranges, compilation and testing of jurisdictional boundaries, and quality control testing of address point data.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Computer Science or a closely related discipline
• Experience editing GIS data using ESRI ArcGIS Software Suite (10.x)
• Understanding of basic GIS and spatial analysis principles
• Knowledge of spatial database design principles and geodatabases
• Strong mathematical and computer skills
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with project team members, and clients
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to present information and respond to questions from managers, staff, outside agencies, and the general public
• Experience working in a public safety environment
• Experience editing GIS data using ESRI ArcGIS Pro software (2.x)
• Knowledge of cartographic principles
• Basic knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS), especially Microsoft SQL Server
• Basic knowledge of Python scripting and automation in ESRI ArcGIS environment
• GPA of 3.0 or higher
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
LOGIS invests in best of breed application software from national vendors such as Oracle, JD Edwards and TriTech. Costs for technology solutions and applications are shared among members. Our member support staff is based right here in Minnesota.